Schedule of Events
- 9:30 Fishing Derby – If you are 16 or younger, come join us at the Frog Pond! Who will catch the Big One??
- 11:00 Parade – Route 10 to Frog Pond, up Main Street , down Memorial Street Participants- walkers/bikers assemble at the library at 10:30 Motorized vehicles assemble at the school at 10:30
- 12:00 Toddler Time-Out Band – Wee ones wanted! Come join our fun band and play for the audience! Toddler-friendly instruments provided. Look for the band sign!
- 12:30 Animal Calling Contest – Calling all animal callers! Think you sound just like a moose or a barred owl? A peeper or a bullfrog? How about a wild turkey or a duck? Maybe your skills lean more toward the barnyard variety. Best mimics win!
- 1:00 Martial Arts Demonstration – Find local resident Vin Sodders, owner of Golden Phoenix School of Chinese Martial Arts, near the church!
- 2:00 Bubble Gum Cloud Race – Cloudy with a chance of bubblegum?? Whose (whipped cream) cloud will produce the first bubble? Two races: Ages 12 & under and another for ages 13 & up!
- 3:00 New England Baked Bean Contest – Enter your best baked beans to win a HANDMADE BEANPOT!
- 3:30 Cobbler Contest – Enter your favorite cobbler to win a 12″ CAST IRON COBBLER PAN!
- 1. Make your favorite dish for entry. *Must be homemade*
- 2. Place your entry in a non-descript disposable container.
- 3. Deliver enough of your dish to be sampled by our 4 judges to the church by 2:30pm Please do not bring large quantities -They can only eat so much!
- 4. Baked Bean judging is at 3:00pm. Cobbler judging is at 3:30pm.
- 5. There will be 1 winner selected for Baked Beans and 1 winner selected for Cobbler
- 6. Entries will be judged on: Flavor, Texture/consistency & Appearance
- 5:00 Sheep vs Pigs – Shelter the sheep or pen the pigs…Will the farmers or shepherds get the job done? Last game of the day before the evening festivities begin – come join the fun!
- 5:30 Citizen of the Year – Who will it be?? Come recognize the Gilsum Citizen of the Year!
- 6:00 Dancing on Main Street with The Scripts – Come enjoy the sounds of this local band. Glowsticks included!
- 9:00 21 Gun Salute – Dedicated to local veterans and service members – past and present – who have sacrificed so much for us all. Please join us in honoring them in quiet reflection during the salute.
- 9:05 Fireworks! – Bring a chair and enjoy the fireworks from Main Street to close out Old Home Day!
25¢ Games – Teens to Seniors Fun to watch – even more fun to play!
- 1:30 Stack Attack – Beverage cup showdowns!
- 2:30 Nose Dive – Dip, nod, shake, or wiggle? What’s your strategy to win?
- 4:00 Noodle Doodle – Take command of your unruly pasta!
- 4:30 Fruit Picker – Select and deliver your fruit by air!
- 10:00 Car Show – On Church Street just past the Fire Station. Come admire these beautiful cars!
- after the parade-3:00 – Dunk Tank – Sponsored by the Gilsum Village Store. Who’s going to get dunked next??
- after the parade -5:00 – 50/50 Raffle – On the church lawn. Winner announced around 5:15!
- 1:00 Chalk Art – Come draw on the street all you want in a safe, closed off area! Make a MASTERPIECE!
- 1:00 Kiddie Duck Pond – Find two matching ducks in our special duck pond and win a prize!
- Visit the various booths! Face painting, vendors, clubs, crafts, information!
- Visit the blacksmith shop on Church Street for demonstrations! Listen for announcements of times to visit the Historical Society museum!
- Cornhole and other pick up games!
- Join the Legion on Church Street for hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch or dinner! –
- Gilsum Congregational Church will have ice cream available!
- The Historical Society will have popcorn and lemonade!